- Author: Willem Mouton
- Cost: Free
- Version : 0.5a
- Release Date : 2011-03-15
Yeti is a cross-platform network footprinting tool written in Java. Its predecessor, BidiBlah, was only available on Windows platforms and hopefully with Yeti we can now offer Internet intelligence gathering to everyone. So what does Yeti do:
- Top level domain expansion (tld expand)
- Forward lookups (mx,ns,a,cname and zone transfers)
- Reverse lookups (ptr records)
- Cert Extraction (getting the common name, and domain from ssl certificates)
- Bing IP/Site searches
- Report exports to xls form
In particular we would like to point you to a recent post where we explain our reasoning for continued investment in developing and maintaining footprinting technology.With the blog, we would like to muster up more of a community feel to our software, and create movement in the footprinting field. Recent successes in the field of Internet intelligence is compelling evidence that this field is untapped.
Yeti is released as Freeware without access to the source. The plan is to in future maintain both a community freeware edition and a commercial edition.